Because we know that recovery continues after patients leave our care, CareVirginia offers Next Step Home, our exclusive home preparation program.
With assistance, education and support that begins on day one of admission and continues well after discharge, patients and their families are well-equipped to handle their care and ongoing recovery.
Next Step home features include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy seven days a week
- Home evaluations
- Care planning meetings
- Home simulation training
- Therapeutic recreational activities
- Patient and family education
- Community resource education and directory
Unlike most providers, CareVirginia offers dedicated units for patients in need of sub-acute rehabilitation. Patients receive as much rehabilitation as they can tolerate to maximize their recovery potential. Our programs are backed by the highest clinical standards and operating procedures, so patients are assured of receiving the most progressive care.
Our medical and physical rehabilitation team includes:
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Registered nurses
- On-site internal medicine physicians
- On-site rehabilitative medicine physicians
- Licensed nutritionists
- Therapeutic recreation staff